Tuesday 4 August 2009

Travel 'Career' - Which career do YOU value more?

I work to live. fact. Complete and uter textbook cliche but it's because I have a thirst to enjoy more, be happier, experience more, see more, spend more time with my friends, family and loved ones, whatever you may spend your spare time doing I imagine it fulfils your own set criteria to make the daily grudge worthwhile. I look at my annual leave as an opportunity to condense all this spare time 'happiness criteria' into one mammoth binge of enjoyment that I call a holiday.

I like to think that most of my travels are carefully planned and have a lasting impact on my personal and professional life - but how do I know? Don't get me wrong, sometimes it's just a little jaunt with some friends, which I doubt anyone could say enhances my chances of becoming the next Bill Gates. However, one thing I know for sure is that my thirst for travel is well and truely in need of quenching, constantly.

I can't get enough of travelling - it's like some kind of addiction. Like most twenty somethings I gained this thirst during a GAP year where I started my travel career and finally left the UK into the unknown. I consider this the first real stamp in my travel 'Career' Passport. I now avidly look for the best deals on flights, sign up to newsletters, look out for new exciting destinations I'm obsessed!

I can assure you I'm not the only one too, so for those working in the youth travel market this type of trend is positive, with the current state of todays economy who knows when the older generation will start exploring again but I can safely say I'm happy to put up with Ryanair's cheapo seats if it means I get another fix. With technological know-how on my side and access to super fast internet at home the world really is waiting to be put on my travel CV.


No comments:

Post a Comment